City Council Meeting
Monday, October 11, 2021, 6:00 pm, Council Chamber, 2nd Floor, City Hall
Foe links and call-in phone numbers, open the Agenda for the Microsoft Teams link:
For City Council Meeting Dates, Details, Agendas, all pertinent links, visit:
Highlights of October 11 City Council Meeting
- Item #26, Ordinance 2021-268: a proposed temporary inclement weather shelter at the Quality Inn Hotel on Arthur Ashe, Jr., Boulevard, operated by Commonwealth Catholic Charities, November 1, 2021-January 31, 2022. This shelter will open at 6:00 pm and run 12-15 hours a day.
- Case Management and other services will be provided to all clients.Once renovations are completed, the shelter will move to the main site at Oliver Hill Way, and will operated 24/7.
- RES. 2021-R065: will request that the Department of Public Works develop a process for City residents to request traffic studies within their neighborhoods to assess the appropriateness of implementing 15 MPH speed limits.
- RES. 2021-026: proposes Amendments to the Richmond 300 Master Plan for a small area plan for rezoning Jackson Ward; moving up the timeline for the Gilpin Court transformation study; and an amendment to install a 2nd Street bridge to reconnect Jackson Ward to downtown Richmond.
- American Rescue Plan Funds, Mayor’s Proposed Spending Plan: will be read at the October 11 City Council Meeting. There will be a Public Hearing on his proposed plan on October 25, so reserve the date.
Please visit the legistar link provided to access each paper and Ordinance that will be reviewed. You will also find instructions regarding the Public Comment portion of the Council meeting.
G.P.R.A.-our mission is to help you to stay up-to-date on local issues.