The Ginter Park Residents Association (GPRA) is a volunteer civic association organized to serve all individuals residing within the Ginter Park Residents Association boundaries, including Laburnum Park and Ginter Park. GPRA is an inclusive organization designed to promote and foster a healthy, open, and welcoming community by (a) connecting neighbors, (b) preserving the neighborhood’s historic character, and (c) promoting social activities and civic involvement.
The Association strives to make our neighborhood a better place to live, and it explicitly affirms that its membership is open to all residents regardless of age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, ability, socio-economic status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, or political affiliation.
Vision & Values
The Ginter Park Residents Association
- Promotes open conversations about neighborhood issues, and seeks to understand residents concerns and desires.
- Pursues solutions and actions supported by residents.
- Monitors and informs residents of private initiatives and public policies significant to Laburnum Park and Ginter Park.
- Promotes public safety within our neighborhood.
- Manages development while ensuring livable density and maintaining architectural integrity and the character of our historic neighborhood.
- Supports a sense of community and pride of place by encouraging responsibility and involvement among all residents.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with civic organizations and government agencies to support our neighborhood.
Be Part of the SOLUTION! How often have you seen something in the neighborhood that made you think “Someone needs to do something about that…”? To create a better neighborhood, be part of the SOLUTION. Join with your neighbors who volunteer their time and energy. GPRA committees and their role descriptions are described under Committees on the Main menu. Please take time to be a great neighbor and to volunteer.
We are a tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and contributions, bequests, devises and gifts are deductable to the maximum extent allowed by law.
Ginter Park Residents Association
P.O. Box 25374
Richmond, VA 23260