City Housing and Homelessness Resources
The Inclement Weather Shelter, administered by Catholic Charieties, will eventually move to a permanent Home on oliver Hill Way in the future. The temporary location is at the Quality Inn on N. Arthur Ashe Jr. Blvd.
General inquiries regarding operations of the current Inclement Weather Shelter, Quality Inn, on N. Arthur Ashe Blvd:
- Shelter operates Nov 1 to April 1, 2022
- Shelter opens at 7:00 pm, and those seeking shelter can begin to gather at 6:00 pm. An Intake assessment is provided on admission.
- Warm dinner is provided, and dormitory style sleeping quarters according to gender are provided. showers are provided.
- Bagged, take-away breakfast is provided, and the shelter closes at 7:00 am.
- The Catholic Charities Housing Resource Center and Youth Hub, 809 Oliver Hill Way, 804-648-4177 location provides day-time services to the homeless, such as cell-phone charging, showers, access to resources.access to healthcare, www.cccofva.org
Sherrill Hampton, Director of Housing and Community Development: Sherrill.Hampton@richmondgov.com
Jay Brown, CEO of Commonwealth Catholic Charities: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cindy Chambers, Inclement Weather Shelter Manager, 804-545-5045
Referral of non-emergency public safety concerns can be relayed to RPD’s HOPE team, who specializes in working with the unhoused population in the City:
Officer Jason Kuti: Jason.Kuti@richmondgov.com
Officer Matthew McHugh: Matthew.McHugh@richmondgov.com
General inquiries regarding services for unhoused residents:
Issues regarding trash accumulation:
If you are interested in participating in or contributing towards a coordinated clean up in the area or generally in your neighborhood, reach out to the Clean City Commission.
If you are looking for general contact numbers:
To reach CCC for information on the Inclement Weather Shelter: 804-285-5987, which desribes services, hours of operation, age and other criteria for admission
To reach the Homeless Connection Line (offers trained diversion specialists for individuals experiencing or about to experience homelessness): 804-972-0813
If you would like to donate time or resources towards the operations and services at the shelter, please contact Jay Brown at the email listed above.
This information was added to website January 14, 2022, and the Resoure was City Council District 2, Sven Phillpsen.