The Beautification Committee is a subcommittee of Planning and Zoning. The Beautification Team:
- develops and implements projects to improve neighborhood common greenspaces and to enhance neighborhood identification and pride of place.
- maintains and improves 25 landscaped beds on Brook Road and 2 on Chamberlayne Avenue as of 2022, work initiated 6 years afo.
- maintains a courtyard garden at Ginter Park Elementary School and continues a schoolyard tree project there.
- supported homeowners on East and West Seminary Avenue to re-create their traffic islands, spring 2022.
- completes the Annual Tree Survey and facilitates the neighborhood’s participation in the City of Richmond Adopt a Tree Program.
Volunteers who enjoy gardening, landscaping, outdoor projects and connecting with neighbors are appreciated. Contact a co-chair to volunteer.
Beautification Co-chairs, effective spring 2022, are Daniel Lawrence, Lisa Forcke, and Steve Welton. Landon Woody is the Lead for all Ginter Park Elementary School projects.
Teresa McGurn Davis and Susan Rebillot lead the GPRA Tree Team, which coordinates neighborhood participation in the City Adopt a Tree Program. Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org