Ginter Park Gazette – Don’t Miss a Thing!
Friday, April 7, 2023
April Meetings and Events
District Representatives and Block Captains Meeting
- Tuesday, June 11, 6:30 pm
- St. Paul’s Fellowship Hall, Corner of Chamberlayne Avenue & Rennie, adjacent to the church rear parking lot. Single story brick building. Ample parking, building accerssible to all.
- Link to Volunteer to serve: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409084AA8AA28AAF49-gpra1
- Questions? Contact District Reps Chair, Prudence Justis, firstname.lastname@example.org 804-837-6051
Events/Social Committee Meeting
- Thursday, April 13, 6:00 pm
- 1501 Wilmington Avenue, Laburnum Park
- Join the FUN Team! Co-Chairs, Prudence Justis and Melissa Oefelein, lead this team in planning Social Events.
- Questions? Contact Prudence Justis, email@example.com 804-837-6051
Let’s Stop to Smell the Roses Garden Party!
- Friday, April 14, 5:00 to 7:00 pm
- Home of Robyn and Brian Bridges, 1517 Palmyra Avenue
- Open and free to all residents within Ginter Park and Laburnum Park
- BYO your favorite beverage, a finger food to share and a lawn chair, if you like.
- Bring cash to purchase raffle tickets, $5 each, for an opportunity to win a Spring Brunch Basket, which includes food items and the ingredients for Bellinis and Bloody Marys! Or, win a Cheese-Lovers Prize, which includes a gift card for Truckle Cheesemongers in the Museum District. Raffle proceeds go to GPRA, your non-profit civic association.
Ginter Park Garden Club 7th Annual March Into Spring Market!
- Saturday, April 15, 2023, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
- FREE admission
- Ginter Park Presbyterian Church, 3601 Seminary Avenue, Richmond, 23227
- For all details: https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=ginter%20park%20garden%20club%27s%20spring%20market
- Organized by Cackie Trippe- McCarty, firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you suffering from Spring Fever? Ready to get out of the house and to shop? You can benefit the neighborhood at the same time, as some proceeds are donated to the Ginter Park Residents Association. You will find 40 curated local artisans and vendors offering handmade jewelry, clothing, accessories, garden decor, herbs, plants, garden tools and more. There will be a Bake Sale and a White Elephant Sale. The Gelati Celesti truck will be on hand! All-outdoors event-come enjoy the spring weather! Rain date April 22.
Stay Tuned for Annoucements of Upcoming GPRA Committee Meetings
- Traffic Safety Committee Chair, Jon Oliver, is in the midst of planning a second meeting. These are interesting times, with concerns about the Laburnum Avenue-Hermitage Road intersection, Laburnum Avenue traffic safety, and safety issues on Chamberlayne Avenue. We continue to hear concerns from residents in Laburnum Park as well. Be part of the solution-come work with Jon, an engineer with road design and engineering professional skills, on potential solutions. email@example.com
Calendar of GPRA Events
Vist our website and select the Event Calendar button on the Home page for details of events and meetings.
Spring Events Hosted by Others
Friends of Forest Hill Park is hosting a Kid’s Bike Race, Sunday, 23 April from 1-4 p.m. This bike race aims to improve children’s cycling skills and provide a safe and fun competitive event. We will offer 3 age groups, 2 and up (strider bikes), 5-7, and 8-12. Click on the PDF link bvelow for the details!
Hosted by The Hermitage Richmond-
Hermitage Richmond will be hosting three upcoming events that we would
like to invite our neighbors to.
1. Blessing of the Pets
2. Shred it – Clean up event
3. Arts on the Lawn
Attached you will find flyers advertising all the dates and times.
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
1600 WESTWOOD AVENUE, RICHMOND, VA 23227
804 474 1810 | ACHAPMAN@PINNACLELIVING.ORG
City Council and City News
Second District April Newsletter from Councilwoman Jordan
From CW Jordan’s newsletter, some events in other city neighborhoods:
There’s a ton of fun events going on in the Second District this weekend, including:
- First Fridays is tonight, and you won’t want to miss this April special edition! You can use the April First Fridays Google Map to hit all the highlights of the Arts District like the galleries hosting opening receptions, vendor markets, store sales, and happy hours at nearby restaurants. Free parking will be provided, and GRTC rides to the Arts District Pulse stop remain free as well!
- Easter on Parade is back this Sunday! Come out from 1-5pm for fantastic costumes, live music, face painting, arts and crafts, a kid’s entertainment zone, and food and retail vendors. Huge thank you to the Monument Avenue Preservation Society for helping to organize and host the event, and to Kroger, the Black History Museum, and other community partners who joined the City of Richmond to help fund the return of this fantastic event!
- Subscribe for future updates here.
Third District April Newsletter from Councilwoman Ann-Frances Lambert
Sign up here to receive the Newsletter: http://www.3rddistrictrva.com/
Whether you celebrate the holy days of Passover, Easter, Ramadan, or simply the secular pleasures of bunnies, egg hunts and brunch, the Communications Team wishes everyone a joyful week, with family and friends gathered around enjoying your particular traditions.
We welcome your comments and suggestions regarding our newsletters and communications.
Dogwood tree, Ginter Place