The Gazette brings the most timely neighborhood, northside, and city news to you. The May edition of our monthly newsletter will arrive in your inboxes on May 3. Have an item that you would like included? Forward it to email@example.com
Holton Semi-Annual Children’s Yard Sale!
If you have items to donate and they are sized/appropriate through 5th grade, please drop off your items the day of the sale (4/29) in marked zones starting at 6:30 a.m.
April is Garden Month!
Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden Sculpture Exhibit Opens April 29: Incanto, Lyrical Sculpture
May Social Events in Ginter Park-It’s Garden and Porch Party Season!
Porch Party, Saturday, May 27
Public Meeting on Quality Inn Redevelopment Project
Don’t miss this discussion with the key players!
As you may recall, the Quality Inn at 3207 North Arthur Ashe Boulevard has been sold to a developer, Trinsic Residential Group of Dallas Texas, represented locally by Jeffrey Geiger, Thalhimer. Following our initial public meeting with the developer last December, please join the Civic/Resident Associations of Rosedale, Ginter Park, Sherwood Park, Bellevue, and Greater Scott’s Addition for a second conversation with the development team and City staff to hear their responses to the priorities, questions, and concerns we voiced regarding the new development.
- Tuesday, May 16, 6:30 pm, Linwood Holton Elementary School
- Hosted by the Coalition of Northside Civic/Neighborhood Associations
City Announces Final Approvals Teed-Up for Diamond District Plan
Will MLB Extend the New Ballpark Deadline?
City Council Abolishes Parking Minimums
City Passes Ordinance to Unprohibit Roundabout
City Council passed an Ordinance to allow a Roundabout to be considered for the intersection of Hermitage Road and Laburnum Avenue.
Out & About
The weather is perfect for exploring (suggested first by the Museum District Association) Click on each destination for details.
- Five Hikes in Richmond, Virginia a curated list from RVA on the Cheap
- Hollywood Cemetery, a free self-guided tour created in collaboration with Steven K. Smith, author of The Virginia Mysteries book series. Additional Hollywood Cemetery tour options are available.
- James River Scenic Walk Guides include where to park and how to get around Belle Isle, Canal Walk, Pipeline Trail, Pony Pasture, and Potterfield Bridge. Free.
- The James River Park System attracts nearly two million visitors every year. Details about trails, bike paths, historical landmarks, and more are available.
What to Do with Children & Teens This Summer?
- VMFA Summer Classes & Programs registration open: https://vmfa.museum/programs/wp-content/uploads/sites/10/2023/03/VMFA_SS-Classes-Programs-Brochure-_-Summer-2023_FINAL2s-1.pdf
GPRA Calendar of Events
Don’t miss a thing! See the Events Calendar button on the Home Page for event details.
JOIN or Renew to Enjoy Member Appreciation Events May 20 and June 15!